GCI Security adheres to strict licensing requirements, including a criminal history inquiry through the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department and fingerprinting for security clearance by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the FBI. All hiring requirements by GCI Security meet the standards set by the board of police commissioners, state and federal laws. These requirements include:
- Being a citizen of the United States or legal resident-alien permitted to work in this country
- Being at least twenty one years of age
- Being able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Meeting physical and mental standards established by the board of police commissioners;
- Not being licensed as a private security officer and private detective or a process server in any state at the time of application for license;
- Being capable of understanding and performing the duties and responsibilities of a licensed private security officer within the scope of departmental policies and procedures;
- Having received an Honorable Discharge or a General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions, when applicable. An Undesirable Discharge, a Discharge Under Dishonorable Conditions or a Discharge Under Other Than Honorable Conditions will disqualify the applicant;
- Being of good moral character;
- Having no felony convictions;
- Being able to pass a character investigation by the St. Louis Police Department as indicated through a criminal record check;
- Satisfactorily completing the training program prescribed by the board of police commissioners;
- Passing a written examination based on the information given at the training course;
- Never having had a security license revoked or denied by another jurisdiction for a criminal law violation;
- Not withholding any information which would determine fitness relevant to being licensed as a private security officer; and
- Being free of any type of chemical dependency.
If you think you have what it takes to be a valuable member of the GCI team, please click the link below to find an employee application.
Applications can be submitted via FAX at (314) 531-2500, or mailed to GCI headquarters at:
GCI Security, Inc.
One Campbell Plaza, Ste. 1A South
St. Louis, MO 63139